Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another potential birth mom?

My cousin called me and said his fiance has a cousin that is about 19 years old who is pregnant and is thinking about placing her baby for adoption. Apparently she does not want to keep the baby but her parents really want her to keep it and don't think she should "give it up." My cousin and his fiance are going to meet with her for lunch this week and talk to her about us and try and have her give us a call to talk to us or something like that. I think it's super cool my cousin has kept us in mind and is willing to pass along our info to help us out. It's weird though because I kind of feel like I am a little numb to everything. I don't know how to act or what to think about any of this stuff. It just seems too good to be true that we would ever get a baby this way. It seems so foreign; adoption, that some girl would give a complete stranger her baby and not keep it herself. Even if she thinks she doesn't want to keep the baby from the get go, it just seems like ultimately once the baby is born she would see that perfect innocent baby in her arms and want to keep it, or the parent's would convince her that she needs to keep it. Either way, It is hard to get excited about any of it because it could change at any given moment up until 8 hours after she has her baby and signs away her rights to the child.

She is only a couple months along so she has a long way to go. Even if this birth mom chooses us as her adoptive couple right away, I don't know if that's going to be exciting or more torture waiting 7-8 months until she has the child. This process is so ridiculously difficult to go through words just can't describe it. I kind of want to cry for anyone going through this adoption process. I definitely can say I feel their pain and it is an awful feeling.

This life has taught me that I really have no control and the nice smooth plan that makes sense in my head and the plan that I think is going to happen or that I work for, often doesn't come to pass. The course is a lot different than I could have imagined. It will be interesting to see how this meeting goes this week and to see what happens. I guess we will see if this is the third wild goose chase that leads to a dead end. In the meantime through each of these experiences there will be disappointment and heartache involved, no matter how much I try to keep my heart out of it, a little piece of my heart breaks when it doesn't pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment