Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just got our first email from a birth mom!

Over the weekend I got an email from a birth mom who wanted to get to know us better. At first, we were really excited but we thought we better not get too excited because we didn't want to get our hopes up as we have heard of scams out there. We emailed back and forth about 10 times each it was fun. We both like hip hop dancing and did dance in high school. I was checking my email constantly to see if she had responded and I was thrilled every time I saw she had responded and I would instantly write her back.

I went back through and read all the emails again and realized she had only asked a couple questions about us in the first couple emails. She wanted to know what part of Utah we lived in and also if we had any pets. That were all the questions she asked and the rest of the time I was asking her questions and she was answering. It was really exciting at first but I don't think she is interested anymore. I know she was looking at a bunch of profiles and other couples and we weren't the only ones. But towards the end I realized she was just answering my questions probably to be nice but wasn't going out of her way to ask me/us any questions. So, we are not feeling too promising about this birth mom, but it's good to know that we are being found online and getting some response. She is almost 33 weeks along and is for sure placing her baby, but it seems like we are not the right fit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry M, but stay hopeful, the right birth mom will be guided to you and it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete