Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another response from the birth mom

Last weekend a birth mom emailed us to get to know us better and we corresponded back and forth about 20 times within a couple days and then it all pretty much just stopped. I figured she wasn't really interested in us anymore or didn't feel like we were the right fit for her baby and I kind of closed the door on that option. But I just got an email from her saying, "Hope your weekend is going good!!" and that was it. I was really surprised when I saw she had sent a new email. It was short and sweet. you would think I would happy that she is still in contact, but the sad thing is that after reading it, I'm all bummed out now. I really really don't want to be pulled along in the process if it's not going to lead to anywhere. I understand that birth mom's are going to need to email us to get to know us better and she might then decide that we are not the right fit which is totally understandable and I am OK with that. But what is the point of that last email, "Hope your weekend is going good!!" She doesn't ask any questions about us and hasn't through pretty much any of her emails. This whole process just seems weird. If she is really serious about placing her baby with us or if it's not a good possibility, then I wish we could cut the strings and stop the contact right now. If she is interested in us and is thinking she wants to place with us, I would still rather not get any more emails unless she has questions that relate to her placing the baby or if she is ready to place. It's really hard to have some small contact not knowing if it's going to lead to anything or not. Now that she sent another email out of the blue, and I responded back I feel like I should check my email often to see if she emailed back.

You would think I would be happy with another response, but unfortunately I am not. I just really don't want to get my hopes up. I want to live my life and be able to focus on the things I can control and not get my thoughts all worked up and confused with things I cannot control.

No comments:

Post a Comment