Tuesday, May 29, 2012

36 week appointment

I met with my fabulous OBGYN this morning and he said the baby's heart beat is just perfect and I am measuring perfectly and everything looks great! He asked me where I have been hiding my baby because I am measuring big but it just doesn't look like it. I've got a cute little basketball tummy:) He checked my dilation and said I am dilated to a 2 and he said I am 60% thinned out so my body is definitely getting ready to have this baby. He was quite surprised that I was dilated to a 2 and said that is pretty rare for first time mom's to be dilated to a 2 this early on. He joked and asked me if I didn't have some kids in another country that I haven't told him about. He said it's great and whatever I am doing, to keep doing it:) I guess my body is acting like it's already had a baby before and it's just going with the process and preparing itself very well. I am hoping this means my labor will go quicker and not take as long as it normally would for a first baby. I am soooo excited! I love hearing how good my baby is doing every week, it's so much fun. And now my appointments are every week which is fun. It makes the time go quicker when they are weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment