Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just had our second adoption class

The hubby and I just got back from our 2nd adoption class. It was good. There are 4 couples in our group and tonight we all went around in a circle and talked about our experience with infertility. We also talked about the grief cycle that we all go through and where each of us are at in that cycle. I think right now I am just ready to get all of the work done and get our part finished, so it can be more in the Lord's hands when the right baby is supposed to come to us. It's hard because I feel like I want to hurry and get everything done as soon as possible, but my hubby is just dragging his feet. There is some paperwork he needs to get done, that he seems to be just dragging his feet on, and the part that sucks is there is nothing I can do about that. There is always some excuse, either being he's too busy working or when he gets home from work, he wants to just veg out and watch TV because he has worked hard all day, or he is sick or not in the mood or whatever. There is always a reason to why he doesn't want to do it. So in the mean time I am just sitting in limbo waiting for him to "get in the mood." It's hard to have to depend on someone all the time when they don't feel the same way you do or don't feel the same kind of urgency that you do. That's the hardest part right now. I had an idea in my head when we would have our part done, and the way things are going, it's going to be a lot longer than that. In this process if there's not one thing you are struggling with it's another. It just feels like there is always a struggle. We have a class this Saturday where some birth mom's are going to talk from their experience. so that should be really eye opening. I will let you know how that goes in a couple days. It will actually be on my birthday-29.

No comments:

Post a Comment